Thursday, May 21, 2009

A day at the beach and a great Dutch dinner

Jos, Gilbert and I went to Texel today. This is in the North West part of the country. It is a rather small island reached by Ferry. The island is known for sheep and cheese. While I did not try the cheese i spent a good part of the day dodging sheep while I bicycled around the island. After a few morning clouds the day turned fantastic. It was a little chilly, but I my face got burned.

We probably biked about 40K throughout the day. The beach was great, as well as the scenery along the way. Had a great lunch down by the water.

We then went to Alex and Jenneke's for a traditional Dutch dinner. The food was FANTASTIC, all cooked by Jenneke. The dinner is traditioanlly cooked in the winter, so Jenneke had to find some ingrediants that were out of season. Everything was great. I guess I can't give my Dutch frineds as much grief now forr their culoinary skills.

Back at Jos and Gilbert's for the night and off to Amsterdam tomorrow.

Pictures here:
http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=542858002/a=21881784_21881784/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=comcast2/

No comments:

Post a Comment