Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 1 - a great departure

Upgraded to 1st Class. What an amazing plane. I had my own cubicle, large flat screen TV, choice of 30 movies, 50 TV shows, music, documentories... My recliner chair tuens into a totally flat bed with the push of a button. Oh, and why does it seem that I get free drinlks offerred to me all the time since I don't drink!!!!

The food was fantastic. Duck and Crab appetizer, Mahi Mahi dinner and ice cream sundae (caramel topping, whip cream and nuts).

Finishing my movie and about to recline the seat to my totally flat bed. See my pictures here.

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=535015002/a=21881784_21881784/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=comcast2/
The older gentleman named George gave me a ride to the airport. Last picture is of Gilbert, who met me at the airport.

Couldn't sleep so I thought I would write a bit more. I was thinking, what is this all about. Why take 2 months off and travel around the world. Yes, part of it is trying to find myself, part of it is trying to lose myself. I think the biggest part is to try and find some new direction in my life. I need to clear my head, have some fun, and get insprired. Work is so unins[iring for me at the moment. It is too bad, because thhey treat me very well.

Tomorrow I get to run in Holland. At least I won't have to deal with hills.

I had so much fun last weekend, surrounded by friends and family. I was very much in the moment. That is something I need to try and stay with for the next 7 weeks.

So my 1st stop is the only place I have been to before. A few days with 2 of my best friends Jos and Gilbert, to get my head on straight. Well, not straight, but you know what I mean. I am also having a traditional Dutch meal on Thursday at another set of friend's house, Alex and Janneka. Friday I head into Amsterdam for a day at the Van Gogh museum, a meeting, and then a fun club.

Time to try and sleep again.

1 comment:

  1. Sleep? Isn't that what you are supposed to do after you get back? I hope you continue to have fun!

    ReplyDelete