Monday, June 22, 2009

Getting Married


After 16 years of dating John and I have committed ourselves to marriage. John asked me to marry him while at the windmills on Mykonos. I was honored to be asked, and gratefully accepted. It was a very romantic spot, and will always be a wonderful memory.

We had been talking about this for the past few months, and we appreciate what a wonderful life we have had together, and wanted to commit to each other for our futures.

I think it is really important to have the community recognize our commitment to one another. Relationships are so very rewarding, but also hard work. Without the support of the community, it makes it even harder.

For a long time in my life I did not understand what love was about. Then, for a while, I fealt I would never have the opportunity to share my life with someone. This relationship has taught me how great life can be when sharing it with someone that you love. We are very different people, but we have learned to appreciate the differences, and work with one another to get the most out of life.

I apologize for telling people in this kind of impersonal manner. If I had to call everyone it would cost me a fortune, and we have a wedding to pay for now.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stephen, We want to congratulate you both !! What a great news and so romantic!!! Getting Married !!!
    We hope you enjoy your trip, we read your travelblog and enjoy your story.
    We liked that part when you wrote about the great dutch diner !!!! Especially Janneke of course!!
    Enjoy your trip and regards to John.
    A very big hug from the Netherlands.
    Alex Janneke Wes and Dané.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen and John - what exciting and wonderful news - my best wishes and congrats to you both....hugs and kisses to you!

    Love - Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you and John!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Stephen and John!! What wonderful news! (Tammy just sent me the link to the blog or I would have been here sooner)

    We really miss you, Stephen!!

    Karen M.

    ReplyDelete