Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Florence

Florence is a stunning city, everywhere you rurn is a piece of history or art that is between 400-1000 years old. The pictures I have do not do it justice. I took a walking tour yesterday, a great way to learn about the history of the city, and its importance in world culture. Considering both Leonardo and Michaelangilo lived here, they have had more than their share of great artists.

The most impressive site is David. I went there this morning and was amazed on how beautiful it is. If it asn't stone, and if I wasn't engaged....

Other great sites I saw included the Duomo, pieces at the Uffizi museum, and Santa Croce.

I had some great meals (breakfast not included in that comment).

I do have to say that I have been struggling with being a little travelled out over the past few days. I am soooo over souvenier shops, pushy people, waiting in lines, and my clothes and luggage. So I actuallyy only have 3 more stops, and need to pack 3 more times.

I am now off to Rome, enjoy the pictures.
http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=767313002/a=21881784_21881784/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=comcast2/

No comments:

Post a Comment