Sunday, April 19, 2009

Planning, planning, planning

Most mornings I'm busy doing planning for the trip. Now that the flights, trains and hotels are all decided (except Austria---hurry up John) and where I'm staying in Hawaii, I'm working on Day Tours.

I've found some great tours for Salzburg, Rome, and Beijing. It is the Beijing tour that is prompting me to post today. I have 3 options to see the wall and am looking for input.

Option 1 - Standard Day tour, 1/2 day at wall with trip to see the emperors tombs and a Jade Factory.

Option 2 - Full day 6 hour hike of wall. Much more remote, but I love hiking and this could be a great treat.

Option 3 - 2 day hike of wall where you SLEEP on The Wall!!! Tour provides sleeping bags and matts and you sleep on the wall looking at the stars.

So folks, let me know your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiking AND sleeping on the wall?!?! That sounds really cool. Wait - is it cold there right now? And do they have big bugs? Shoot. Now I'm torn.

    ReplyDelete